How to Choose the Right Floor Mats for Your Home – Deciding on the right floor mats for your home can be difficult. There are so many styles and brands to choose from. The good news is that there is a perfect fit for everyone! We’ll walk you through the process of choosing the right floor mats to meet your needs.
From in-home trials to large-scale production, we can help you make informed decisions. Check out our guide to help you pick the right floor mats for your home.
What is a Floor Mat?
A floor mat is a decorative piece that protects your home from damage and keeps dirt and water from getting inside. They come in a variety of designs and materials to meet your specific needs.
The materials depend on the purpose of the mat – a durable mat might be made of rubber, suede cloth, or rubberized vinyl. There are many different types of floor mats to choose from. Let’s take a look at the most common ones.
Different Types of Floor Mats
There are many different types of floor mats to choose from. Here are 5 of the most common types:
- Coated Floor Mats – These are made of durable rubber and are often patterned to look like the automotive wheel hub.
- Carpet Floor Mats – Carpet mats are made of wool or polyurethane and have a soft feel to them. They are sometimes coupled with upholstered seats for an elegant look.
- Premium Carpet Floor Mats – These are made of high-end wool and are often paired with upholstered chairs.
- Rugged Floor Mats – These are made of rubber and are often used in places with high traffic – or areas with lots of stairs and drops.
How to Measure Your Home for Floor Mats
If you are not familiar with measuring your home for floor mats, we highly recommend reading through our handy guide first. The most important thing to keep in mind is the length of the horizontal and vertical axes.
Here are a couple of ways to measure your home: Start at the floor on the first floor and measure up to the ceiling on the second floor. From the floor on the first floor, measure up to the middle of the highest shelf in the closet on the second floor.
Selecting the Right Style of Mats for Your Decor
Mats come in many different styles, designs, and materials. There is a right and wrong way to choose the right material for your floor. To help you decide, take a look at these popular choices:
- Hard Floor Mats – These are made of durable synthetic rubber and often feature a pattern to make them look more like a car floor mat. They are often red in color so they stand out against any home’s walls or any other piece of furniture.
- Soft Floor Mats – These are made of comfortable, plush polyester and are often pairable with upholstered furniture. They also have the added benefit of keeping dirt and water from getting inside your home.
- Reinforced Plastic Floor Mats – These are made of durable plastic and are often paired with upholstered furniture for increased durability.
- Vinyl Floor Mats – These are often made to look like beautiful pieces of furniture and are incredibly durable.
- Laminate Floor Mats – This type of floor mat looks like real wood and is painstakingly made with millions of individual pieces of wood. It might be a little pricey, but it is definitely worth the price.
So, we’ve gone over the basics of floor mats in hopes of helping you make informed decisions when it comes to choosing the right floor mats for your home.
🎯 Complete your knowledge by reading: How to Choose the Right Carpet Flooring?
There are so many options to choose from – and each has its own pros and cons. Before you start looking, be sure to read up on the various types of floor mats, how to measure your home for floor mats, and how to choose the right style of mats for your home.***